Monday, April 6, 2009

New project... 2009


I started this painting yesterday, the first warm sunny day that I could paint outdoors this year. And thank goodness that day has come- I have no studio and no space in my apartment to paint.

This is from a sketch I did about 7 years ago. I am going to try to make it resemble a stained glass window. I am trying to get back in touch with my primitive style of painting, so I chose a sketch from that time period to work with.

I have also been finding that my normal exacting measured highly-planned method of painting is starting to limit my ability to be expressive. So this is stepping away from that.

1 comment:

  1. This is cool! I hope you can find a little space to paint indoors. I finally have a studio (shared space) but for many years had to carve a little space in the kitchen or corner of the living room and pack up again at the end of the day...I made it work but admittedly...it's nice to not have to put everything away when I'm done for the day!

    ReplyDelete