Thursday, March 31, 2011

Somerville Open Studios April 31, May 1



Exactly one month from now I will be participating in my first ever Open Studios. This is because I finally have enough work AND I live in a town that has them. Somerville actually has quite the vibrant arts community. You can visit the Open Studios website here: http://www.somervilleopenstudios.org/.

I have been racking my brain on how to display my paintings without putting a gazillion big screw holes in my rental apartment walls. I must admit everyone I asked came up with plenty of good and/or crazy contraptions to build, but I found these inexpensive self-standing wire grid racks that can fit 3 paintings on each side. I found them here: Gershel Brothers . This is a small company that sells displays for retail stores- and they actually called me back with answers to my questions even though I am not some large business. Blick art supplies has much nicer versions meant for art (such as the very refined art tree) but these solutions are not thrifty enough for me.

There will be at least one piece for sale: an oil painting of The Magdalene for around $400. The "studio" (a.k.a. the foyer of an apartment I share) is at 13 Spring Street and the hours are 12-6. Maps for all of the Somerville studios who are showing will be available all over town in colorful sidewalk stands, and will also be available on the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment