Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Intro to Oil Painting Class




Lets get some discipline, people!

What I have done up to now has been largely accidental and without rules, except improvements by experimentation. As in oops, I mixed a great or bad colour. Or, Oh, it is supposed to look like light is hitting it from a certain direction and has a certain color effect? During my current intro class I was kinda surprised that even though I had classes in which I painted in high school and even one in college, we had never been made to do these important exercises. We did them in drawing of course, but shading and light and shadow in color and with paint is a totally different game. Sheesh. Did they really just give us paints and tell us to have at it? I am curious to know what others have to say about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment