Monday, June 4, 2012

Nuanced color for Harbingers


Getting ready to move to a new apartment makes me think about valuables; what to keep, what to toss, what to wish I could get rid of. I am so practical! Rather than adding personal value to my artwork by spending time creating new items, I am revisiting items that while they reflected my ability four years ago can be much improved with new understanding and technique. I am therefore revising this painting: Harbingers. This was a popular item at Open Studios, provoking the most interesting comments I received. If I can pull the artistic technique into a higher category it will be a much more satisfying piece for me to look at. The parts that have non-nuanced color will hopefully be ushered into a new era which will make me cringe less and appreciate my own work more.

No comments:

Post a Comment