Saturday, June 29, 2013

New painting


I have no idea what this is or will be.

My partner and critic would like me to add the following mystery quote to the painting: "Where the rocks open widely, the sins of men may be pardoned" The Archangel Michael, 490 AD.


I decided to go with the flow and turn what was looking like a lamb-mountain into a lamb-mountain. 


It is interesting learning how to paint ocean water. On seeing that there is something not real enough about what I have painted I try to imagine what I have experienced something to look like. I have also learned that while the romantic idea of a single brush stroke lending realness to a subject is attractive, it is by no means an obtainable reality to the unlearn-ed (if even to the learn-ed, I have no idea). It only matters if I am heading in the right direction, and that I do not quit early out of fear.

1 comment:

  1. The sky looks very different in these photos. It seems lighter than it really is. Still, you might have room to make it darker. The water improvements are magnificent!

    ReplyDelete